PROFILE AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF AMB. UCHE OGBUAGU, THE HONOURABLE MEMBER FOR IKEDURU STATE CONSTITUENCY
It\’s not out of place for any pundit to posit that Elaine Maxwell had Amb. Uche Ogbuagu in mind when he posited, \”my will shall shape the future! Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man\’s doing, but my own. I am the force, I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice, my responsibility, win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny\”. This statement succintly portrays the life of Amb. Uche Ogbuagu. Amb. Ogbuagu has not only carved a global niche for himself, he has allowed his passion to drive him into fulfilling his destiny to the glory of God.
Amb. Uche Ogbuagu is a change agent, result-oriented, mobilizer of men and resources, mentor, a defender of the oppressed, avid advocate for an egalitarian society, father figure, genuine philanthropist extraordinaire with a heart of gold and love. Amb. Ogbuagu believes in the philosophy that one can only use the power of love to overcome the love of power.
Highly cerebral and gifted, Amb. Uche Ogbuagu is an employer of labour and the proud owner of four flourishing radio stations and a television station in the offing. Myradio Fm and Gold Fm in Akabo Ikeduru, Imo State, Real Fm in Aba, Abia State and Majority Fm in Port Harcourt Rivers State. He has a knack for excellence, and has used his position to touch many lives within and outside his constituency.
He was born to the family of Late Pa Alexandra and Madam Lovendar Ogbuagu on August 17, 2020 at Amii Akabo, Ikeduru LGA of Imo State.
Amb. Uche Ogbuagu attended Asa Triangle Primary School Aba. He acquired his Secondary School Education at Comprehensive Secondary School Okpu-Umuobo in Osisioma LGA of Abia State, and later gained admission at Abia State University, Uturu, where he obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communication.
Before his political sojourn, Amb. Ogbuagu was a self employed Chief Executive of an Entertainment Media Advertising Firm, sat on many boards, the Head of Creative Media Department of the famous Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN). In 2011, Amb. Ogbuagu was appointed Special Assistant to the Governor of Imo State on Entertainment and Chief Comedian of the State, and he later became the Senior Special Assistant in 2013, a position he used to foster unity among artists and entertainers in the State under the auspices of Imo State Bureau for Entertainment. Before joining Politics, he was the Chief Executive of four radio stations, namely, MyRadio 101.1 and Gold 89.3 FM Owerri, Real 99.1 FM Aba and Mejority 89.5 FM Port Harcourt.
EXPLOITS AT THE 9TH ASSEMBLY
On 13th June, 2019, Amb. Uche Ogbuagu was inaugurated as the member representing Ikeduru State Constituency in Imo State House of Assembly. His tenure as a state lawmaker has witnessed unprecedented achievements. He has placed the name of Ikeduru on global map and is among the first lawmakers to sponsor bills and motions in the current Assembly as constituted.
His motions on the recovery of government properties allegedly converted by the immediate past administration, and his motion on the deplorable state of roads in Ikeduru, especially the Owerri Okigwe road at Ekemele Akabo, and most recently, the Bill which repealed pensions and gratuities to former governors and their deputies, former speakers and their deputies, the licensing of Oil Mills are not only patrotic but has portrayed him as one with a clear cut idea of what he wants to achieve for his people. He has also co-sponsored other bills and motions. His views are not only respected by his colleagues in the House, he has become a rallying point among his colleagues members, no wonder why he was elected as the Majority Leader of the 9th Assembly.
Amb. Ogbuagu is the House Committee Chairman on Budget and Appropriation and a critical member of other House Committees.
PROJECTS IN IKEDURU
1. Donating a 500 kva Transformer to Iho Dimeze Community
2. Drilling of 15 boreholes across Ikeduru
3. Rehabilitation of Ngugo Comprehensive Secondary School water scheme
4. Building a modern lavatory at Ngugo Comprehensive Secondary School
5. Appointment of 21 Special Assistants on Community Matters from across Ikeduru who are under his payroll monthly
6. Sponsoring Ikeduru Festival of Praise in 25 centres across Ikeduru which cost millions
7. Modernization of Orie-Okwu market in Okwu Ikeduru
8. Modernization of Orie Akabo Ikeduru with water borehole
9. Modernization of Nkwo- Imo market in Amaimo Ancient Kingdom
10. Modernization of Orie-Umueze in Ezenomi Uzoagba Ikeduru.
11. Reconstruction of Mmiri Onuomah bridge in Okwu Ikeduru
12. Reconstruction of RT. Hon. Bethel Amadi\’s Memorial Classroom block at Akabo High School and equipping same with modern lockers, chairs for students
13. Interlocking of Amii-Akabo roads
14. Tarring of Umuobiara ring roads Akabo
15. Building of players and officials dressing rooms fully air-conditioned with in built convenience at Ikeduru Stadium Iho
16. Drilling of borehole at the stadium
17. Building of a 1000 capacity Spectator stand at the stadium
18. Building of VVIP stand fully air-conditioned with convenience, Press Gallery, and a modern public convenience at the same Stadium.
19. Donation of sound proof generator to the stadium
20. Building of a Children\’s recreation center at the stadium
21. Putting of street lights at the stadium
22. Linking the stadium to the public Power supply.
23. Building a modern police station and Officers quarters at Akabo, with borehole, donation of patrol van and powerbikes to the police.
24. Attracting various roads across Ikeduru, which will begin soonest
25. Recommending Ikeduru Indigenes for appointments
26. Giving employment to the unemployed by building two radio station at Ikeduru
27. Empowering market women selected by their leaders across Ikeduru
28. Constant paying of Hospital bills for the indigent in Ikeduru
29. Sponsoring Ikeduru Indigenes abroad
30. Daily welfare packages to the less privileged through Ucheogbuagu Lovendar Foundation.
31. Building of Abattoir at Nkwo Orodo in Mbaitoli
32. Ongoing modernization of Afor-Nneudo Market Mbieri Mbaitoli
33. Donation of 300kva Transformer to Azara in Umunoha ward in Mbaitoli
34. Ongoing construction of new Ikeduru High court complex Iho
35. Donation of 500kva Transformer to Ekpereukwu Oroka in Abazu Ikeduru
36. Donation of 100kva Transformer to Anglican Church Cathedral headquarters Atta Ikeduru
37. Donation of 300kva Transformer to Umuonyeukwu Community in Ikeduru
38. Empowerment of Ikeduru and Mbaitoli indigenes with vehicles
39. Empowerment of Ikeduru indigenes and others with industrial sewing machines
40. Empowerment of Ikeduru indigenes among others with motorbikes
41. Constant distribution of welfare materials to Ikeduru, Mbaitoli indigenes including other people from outside the area.
Amb. Uche Ogbuagu is married to delectable Mrs. Nkeiru Uche Ogbuagu and the marriage is blessed with six beautiful children.
Amb. Uche Steve Ogbuagu could be aptly described as the BIRNAM WOOD which has come to the DUNSANINE HILL in quality representation of Ikeduru. He has shifted the paradigm and changed narrative of representation of the area as his achievements is well written on the lips of all Ikeduru indigenes, both at home and in the diaspora.
His stability, accountability, polite nature and peaceful disposition has endeared him to both supporters and critics, who have described him as AMBASSADOR PROJECTS.